In 2012-2013, the Chamber the Chamber welcomes a new generation of investors equipped with new technologies that promise a re-invigoration of the Far West economy. With about $2 billion of investment to be expended in the region by 2015 resulting in almost $10 billion of product, the Chamber of Commerce has set its strategic vision to be a part of the conversation with decision makers, investors and developers to ensure that local business and industry owners are provided with the opportunity to be an integral part of this exciting growth.
- Other major projects which are set to drive our future economy include:
- Potential establishment of a new regional airline
- Establishment of bypass road
- University Department of Rural Health expansion
- Teacher housing
- RFDS housing
- Coles shopping centre complex
- AGL Silverton Wind Farm and Solar Energy Projects
- Broken Hill Retirement Village
It is the Chamber’s vision to embrace opportunities to market our business and industry partners to secure local contracts on local projects.
With a multiplier effect of four non-industry jobs being created for every industry position and a national skills shortage impacting on opportunities for expansion, the Chamber will actively nurture and pursue partnerships with key agencies to support existing and new business to expand, work closely with government, employers and employment agencies and, identify training and education opportunities which can be delivered locally.